Hello, my friends! I hope this post finds you well. Today’s blog post features a little recipe I put together this afternoon. Bobby had a hankering for chips and queso and I just couldn’t justify making a trip to the grocery store for only queso. This resulted in something I’d like to call… cupboard queso! What’s great about it is that you can alter it to fit whatever you have in your cupboard and it’ll taste delicious. You really can’t go wrong with cheese!
- Two cloves of garlic
- Two teaspoons of green chiles
- One tablespoon of butter
- One and a half cups of half and half
- Four ounces of cream cheese
- Two cups of shredded cheese
- I began by turning my stove on four. ( A medium-low setting.)
- I melted a tablespoon of butter in my pan and added two cloves of garlic and two teaspoons of green chiles. (I always buy green chiles for when I make my white chicken chili and never use them all, so I end up freezing them so as not to waste them. I do this with garlic, too!) I let that go for about three minutes, stirring it all the while.
- Once that cooked for awhile, I began to mix in a cup and a half of half and half. Once I poured it all in, I turned the heat down to 2. (A low setting.)
- I then cut up slices of cream cheese and slowly began to add them to the pot, stirring as I went.
- Once I added all the cream cheese, I began sprinkling in my shredded cheese. I had colby-jack, so I used that, but I think that using a pepper-jack cheese would make it more flavorful!
And that’s that, my dear friends! Super easy! I made nachos and drizzled it over them and it was DELICIOUS.
Life is so scary right now, I think we need to put our energy into things that make us feel a little better. For me, it’s cooking, baking, and writing. It’s important to stay informed about everything that’s going on, but I don’t think it does us any good to become hyperfixated on reading every single article. That’s what I was doing for the first week and it just made me want to climb the wall. I’ve since found a balance between the two. I hope you have as well. ❤
That’s all I have for ya today! My thoughts are with all of you. ❤