Hi, friends! Happy Wednesday! (Although it may be Thursday by the time this goes up…)Hope that your week is going great so far! I had originally planned to make this post Monday, but time really got away from me. I ended up doing a bunch of homework and laundry instead of getting time to work on my blog. I don’t know if anyone has noticed, but I’ve been working extra hard trying to publish more frequently and on a schedule. Currently, I’m trying to post Monday’s and Friday’s. Does anyone have thoughts on the idea of having a schedule? Suggested post dates and suggested frequency of posts?
I did my weekly grocery shopping last night and bought something that I have wanted for years — bee’s wrap! And this got me thinking about how I really need to start consistently packing my lunch for when I’m on campus. There are so many benefits to packing your own lunch, it’s cheaper, you’re able to eat whatever you want, and it’s good for the environment! I thought I’d compile a little list of things that I’ve found to be helpful when packing my lunch!
- A water bottle! Or really, any reusable drink container. I’ve sometimes used old jars as water bottles! One thing that I love about my college’s campus is that there are water-filling stations all over the place, so I’m able to fill up my water bottle with zero waste and zero cost. And of course, if you’re someone who doesn’t particularly enjoy water, you can always fill it up with a different beverage! I also like to bring my coffee to campus in a reusable cup! Even more money saved!
- Tupperware! This is probably a pretty obvious one, but I thought I’d mention it regardless! It’s perfect if you have leftovers from the night before that you want to get eaten up. That’s what I usually do! I personally think there’s no better lunch than last night’s dinner! And tupperware is super easy to transport and it’s pretty secure, so you won’t have any spills! (Hopefully)
- Silverware! This is one that I really need to start working on. So often I bring my lunch and then forget silverware so I have to grab some plastic utensils from one of the restaurants on campus. Which I hate having to do! So, I try to bring whatever utensil(s) I’ll need and then after lunch, I just rinse them off in the bathroom so that they don’t make a mess in my backpack. And then I wash it when I get home! Super handy.
- Reusable napkins! Here’s another one I really need to start working on. But this one is super important, too. If you bring a reusable napkin with you, you won’t be stuck with spaghetti sauce coating your face, on the off chance wherever you are doesn’t have any napkins. It’s also so much better for the environment and in most cases, it probably cleans up messes better!
- Bee’s Wrap! This is the one I’m most excited about! Like I said, I’ve been wanting to try this for so long and I’m going to use it to pack my peanut butter and jelly tomorrow! I have a full day of classes, so I’m curious to see how it will hold up! Maybe I can do a blog post about my experiences with it? This is such a great alternative to plastic baggies, I can already tell!
What do y’all think? Do you have any special lunch-making tips and tricks? Let me know!
Thanks for reading!
Hello, all! My name is Mattie. I'm just a girl living her best life in the Midwest.