Hello, my dearest friends! Today I wanted to share with you some of the most used apps on my phone. One day, I would love to be living my life in a simple cabin, owning no cell phone, and instead having a home phone. Oh, to dream… However, as of right now, I find my cell phone to be VERY helpful, and dare I say, necessary. I don’t think cell phones are inherently evil, no, not at all. I think it’s all about how we choose to use them. If we think of them as a tool, we’re more likely to use them in a way that will serve us best. If we try to use them with PURPOSE instead of HABIT, we’ll find ourselves with a lot of extra time in the day.
I wanted to add a quick little note saying that I am NOT sponsored by any of these apps. I just find them to be genuinely helpful!
- Afterlight. This app is amazing for editing photos. It’s what I use for all of my photos, actually! It’s completely free and enables you to create photos that are very professional looking. I generally take photos on my camera, but this app allows even Iphone photos to look crisp and Insta-worthy!
- #Bible. This app is so wonderful because it gives you a new bible verse every single day. It also gives you the option to choose what time of day you’d like to be notified for your verse of the day. I always forget about this app until I get a notification on my screen, and it brightens my day, every single time! Not to mention it’s a great way to begin to know the bible a little bit better!
- Letterboxd. In this app, you’re able to keep a log of all the movies that you’ve watched each month. I really like it because you’re able to see what movies are popular at the moment, and you’re able to create a list of all the movies that you’re wanting to watch! I love perusing other people’s lists and seeing what I should add to mine!
- Ibotta. This app allows you to earn cash back on purchases you make. I like to use it for grocery shopping, as that’s something I do anyway, and if one of my items qualifies, I get cash back! Yay! You can also use it for online purchases, but I don’t make too many of those, so I cannot give a review on that area of the app, but I would definitely check Ibotta out! Who doesn’t want cash back???
- Fetch Rewards. This app is very similar to Ibotta, they just have deals on different items. I love that I can use the same receipt for BOTH of these places to get rewards. The main difference I’ve found between Ibotta and Fetch is that Fetch gives you money back in the form of a gift card. I haven’t chosen to cash in my points yet, but I am looking forward to receiving my gift card!
- Depop. I love secondhand shopping, and this app is perfect because you can buy AND sell. If you want to follow my account… it’s @retroandcatsandstuff! I think this app is so fabulous, especially since it’s currently second-hand September! Yay! The perfect time to snag some second-hand goodies!!!
- Swagbucks. This app certainly sounds like it would be a scam, but I can tell you that it is NOT. Essentially, it’s an app where you take surveys, and get points, called Swagbucks, and you’re able to redeem them for a giftcard. I’ve used it to get giftcards for Sephora and Walmart. There are, of course, many other places you could choose. It’s certainly not a get-rich-quick scheme, but I think it’s worth it! I like to do them whenever I have a spare moment!
- Venmo. Long gone are the days where you need cash to pay a friend back. I’m sure that most people know about Venmo, but I was definitely late to the Venmo game! It’s great to use when grabbing food with your friends, you can reimburse them without having to go to an ATM!
- Banking app. I think that everyone should have a banking app on their phone. I like to keep a very close eye on my account, and a banking app allows me to do that with ease. You never know when you might need it, so definitely save some space on your phone for your bank’s app!
- Cozi. This app is AMAZING for families, couples, or even roommates. Bobby and I have been using this since last winter. Essentially, it’s a calendar app. You’re able to put in your work schedule, different events, and you’re able to color code it by whose event it is. You’re even able to color code it if it’s an event for multiple people! This app also allows you to create lists that everyone in your group can see, I love using it for grocery lists, because we’re both able to add the items we need onto it!
And that’s all, my friends! A list of my favorite apps! I hope that it was helpful, and that you were able to find one or two that serve you!
Thank you so much for reading!
Hello, all! My name is Mattie. I'm just a girl living her best life in the Midwest.