Hello, friends! Happy Wednesday to you all! I can’t believe that every day is bringing us closer and closer to September! How the heck did summertime pass so quickly? Personally, fall is my favorite season, so I’m getting really excited. I can’t wait to start decorating for fall.
Today’s blog post is all about my mashed potato recipe. I’m sure it’s nothing new or too unique, but Bobby and I really enjoyed it when I made it the other day.
- Four medium red potatoes. (You can, of course, use whatever type of potatoes you prefer, but red potatoes are my absolute favorite. And of course you can use more or less potatoes, depending on how much you want. This ended up making six servings!)
- Earth Balance Vegan Butter. (You don’t need to use vegan butter, but Bobby and I love how the Earth Balance tastes.)
- Silk Unsweetened Almond Milk. (AGAIN, you don’t have to use almond milk, but it’s just what we end up buying instead of other types of milk.)
- Garlic Powder.
- Kernel Seasoning’s Garlic Parmesan Popcorn Seasoning.
Okay, friends! Here we go. When I cook, I tend to freestyle it. I taste it and then decide if it needs more of this or more of that. SO, this “recipe” isn’t going to be very exact.
- Wash your potatoes!
- Cut up your potatoes into evenly sliced pieces. I cut mine up pretty fine because I like my mashed potatoes to be very smooth, but if you like your mashed potatoes a little chunkier, I would cut them into slightly bigger pieces.
- Put a pot of water on the stove to boil.
- After the water has begun to boil, you can plop your potatoes into the water. I cooked them for about twenty minutes, which made them VERY tender.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, I put them into my mixer.
- At this point, I began to put in some almond milk. I poured some in, turned on the mixer, and repeated until it was the consistency I wanted. I would say it ended up being around half a cup.
- After the almond milk, I put in about two tablespoons of vegan butter.
- I mixed it all together so it was nice and creamy.
- My last step for all of this was to put in some of the garlic powder and then the garlic parmesan seasoning. I alternated between the two until I got it tasting juuust right!
I served it with a protein and a vegetable and it made for the perfect meal! It’s nothing revolutionary, but I thought I would share it with all of you, my dear internet friends!
Thank you so much for reading, friends!
Makeup Looks My Favorite Recipes #simplifying cook with me cooking food food blogger food photography foodie home homemade cooking homemaking live simply living simply living slowly mashed potatoes potatoes recipe recipes showing your love through cooking simple simple livin simple living simplify simplify life simplify your life slow life slow living
Hello, all! My name is Mattie. I'm just a girl living her best life in the Midwest.