Hello, friends! Happy Wednesday! I hope that your week is going well! I’ve had quite the busy little week, and have been on a mission to get to decorating our apartment. Which you can see if you read this blog post. I wanted to take a trip to the thrift store to find some more pieces to add. And boy oh boy, did I find some treasures — the Goodwill here in Traverse City is phenomenal!
These boots! Oh my gosh. As if I wasn’t already plenty excited for fall… I’ve been wanting a pair of brown boots for awhile, and here they are! They’re a seven and a half, which is half a size bigger than what I usually wear, but with socks on, they fit perfectly! I picture many a cute outfits completed with these boots.
This little sunflower piece! It’s so stinking cute and it fits in so well with all my other decor. When I took the Goodwill sticker off of it, some of the paint came off, so I put it behind this faux ivy to cover it up! It uses the space really well, and makes it look even more complete! Above the counter is quickly becoming my favorite part of our apartment.
Isn’t this little basket the cutest thing you’ve ever seen? And believe it or not, these soaps are from Goodwill as well. I recently finished up my liquid soap and wanted to make the switch to bar soap, as it’s so much better for the environment! And they fit so nice in this little basket! It also looks so dang adorable on our countertop.
This sweater!!! Oh my gosh! It was brand spankin’ new — with tags and everything! From the Gap! And it was originally $30! I was so happy to find this! And again, it’ll be perfect for fall, or even a summer night over a sundress. It’s so stinkin’ cute.
This dress is probably my favorite find of the whole trip! It’s from L.L Bean, and it’s actually from the petite section which is awesome because I’m a bit on the short side… It is the coziest dress ever and I love this blue color! I paired it with some white flip flops and it was perfect. I also have a white denim jacket that I think it would look amazing with.
We also bought some cups, but they’re fairly standard, so I didn’t bother taking photos of them. And a pan! But again, not super exciting! We were excited about them, which I suppose is just part of becoming adults. Ha!
Hi, friends! Hope your week has been wonderful! Can you believe that it’s already March? I sure can’t! I wanted to start a new segment on my blog about my monthly favorites! I was thinking about doing ten per month and seeing how that goes! Please share your favorites of the month, too!
1.My first February favorite was going to see Legally Blonde: The Musical! I won’t go into too much detail about it, since I already have a blog post up about it, but it definitely is still worthy of a mention
(Pictured is me after the show with my new Legally Blonde shirt!)
2. Another favorite of mine is this dress that I bought! I really wish that I could remember the name of the boutique it was from. I think it is just such a cute piece that is really versatile. It’s a great option for the transition between winter and spring because you can easily throw some leggings or tights on underneath and pair it with a jean jacket or a vest. You can also dress it down with a pair of hightops or dress it up with a cute pair of boots.
3. Now this one may seem a little bit silly, but when I was so dang sick earlier this month, this helped me tons: Elderberry flavored Kevita. Elderberry is known to help with sickness and I find that it helps me when I have a sore throat. I was drinking at least one a day for a whole week. If you’ve never tried it, I definitely recommend it! It’s super tasty, too!
4. My next favorite is Blaze pizza! We got one in town a couple of months ago and Bobby and I went for the first time last month. And as someone who grows more and more lactose-intolerant day by day…. pizza can be a tricky thing. This place has some awesome substitutions for various dietary needs. INCLUDING VEGAN CHEESE! And oh my gosh, is that cheese delicious. A lot of vegan cheeses aren’t able to melt very well, but this one melted wonderfully and honestly tasted like real cheese. Definitely recommend if you’re lactose-intolerant or vegan!
5. This favorite may seem super basic, but it’s still a favorite! I found the cutest jean jacket at, where else, T.J Maxx! I am a huge fan of jean jackets and arguably own too many, but I didn’t have one that wasn’t too large on me. For the most part, I like my jackets to be a little bit baggy, but I wanted to purchase a jean jacket that was a little bit tighter so that I could wear it with a slightly baggier dress. It’s not a steadfast rule per say, but generally, when I wear a piece that’s tight, I like to offset it with a looser piece. If I were to wear a tight pair of jeans, generally I’d wear a top that was a bit more flowy and vice versa. And this jacket is perfect for that! It looks so cute with the dress that I mentioned in #2!
6. Now if my Elderberry Kevita favorite seemed a little silly, this one may seem VERY silly, but… Garlic powder! I’ve always been a big fan of avocado toast, but holy cow, putting garlic powder on it changes EVERYTHING! It adds just a little something extra to it, adding so much flavor to it. Basically, I’ve been adding garlic powder to everything I cook, it just makes everything better!
7. Now, a lot of people on the internet get sponsored by this company, however, I am not. I just find it to be wonderful! It’s the browser extension, “Honey”. You basically download it and then it searches the internet for coupon deals! I’ve sort of (yikes) gotten back into online shopping, so this extension has been super awesome for me.
8. As I said, I’ve been loving online shopping, and I wanted to share two of my purchases from the month of February. The first item that I bought was a pair of blue-light glasses. I’m sure y’all know, but if you don’t, they’re glasses that are designed to protect your eyes while you’re using the computer. As a college student who also blogs, these have so far proved to be a life-saver, as I seem to find myself on the computer a whole lot. Not to mention that they are so dang cute!
9. Another J.Crew purchase was an adorable scarf with the cutest little pom-poms on it. I love fashion scarves so much, but I always have the absolute hardest time finding some that I think are cute and/or practical enough for day-to-day wear. I think this one checks both of those boxes. It’s a beautiful light green/grey color that serves as a great neutral. I envision pairing it with my new jean jacket, a black t-shirt dress and some white high tops! I think it will be the perfect spring outfit. I’m wishing and waiting for springtime, can ya tell?
10. Last but not least, Hulu! I’ve had Netflix for years and years, but couldn’t seem to justify having a membership to two streaming services. But Bobby somehow convinced me, and I gotta say, I think Hulu may be even better than Netflix! What do y’all think is the better service? All I can say is that they have some of my favorite tv shows, Pioneer Woman included! Should I say goodbye to Netflix? Hmm….
Thanks for reading, friends! I hope that you’re having a wonderful day! What are some of your monthly favorites??